Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Wellington Highlights


When we got to the hotel we had to settle in. We were staying there for the next five days.It was cool because the room that I was in was full of Room 7 boys. We had eight boys and four double bunk beds, so it made the room look small.

 
The highlights of my trip to Wellington were the visits to the Weta Cave, Parliament and the Carter Observatory. These places were amazing, because the experiences were totally new to me. I had never been to these places before.

When we went to the Parliament, we got to meet lots of peole that were members of the Parliament. My best time of that day was when we got to meet the Speaker of Parliament, Mr Lockwood Smith. The Speaker of the House is the person who chair the meeting in parliament and can even tell the Prime Minister to leave if he does not comply with the rules of the house.

After that we got to visit the Carter Observatory to learn about the planets that were in the space. We caught the cable car from the bottom of the hill to the top of the hill to the Carter Observatory. It was funny because some of the people in the school were sleeping durng the time that we were learning about the planets and the rocks that were in space.

It was awesome at the Weta Cave  because we saw a lot of actors there. When I got there I saw a book of Peter Jackson. When we went there I saw lots of models and photos of actors that acted in Avatar and in the Lord of the Rings. We were able to go into a little room to watch a video that they made about what they do at the Weta Cave.

It was awesome in Wellington because they have lots of things that I have not been in.The ferry was interesting because I got to see the South Island for the first time to see what  it looked like.I saw some snow and I got to touch it. I thought that it was a good experience to visit and take a look because there are lots of things there to visit that I have not seen in Auckland. I am grateful to Mr Horan and the teachers for making it possible to go to Wellington for this school trip. I would like to thank my mum and dad for letting me go on  a tour around the capital of New Zealand and see the Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.